Our values shape our thinking, influence our choices and define our lives. We want to value what God values and to move beyond mere words or superficial actions. The four C’s sum up all that is valuable to us at TMT.
4 Key Values
Christ - Knowing Jesus.
Character - Becoming like Jesus.
COMMUNITY - Loving Jesus with others.
COMMISSION - Telling others about Jesus.
STATEMENT OF FAITH – WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament in their original writings.
- We regard the Scriptures as being final as to authority and infallible as to truth, regarding all facets of church life and discipline.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, namely Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Father, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
- We believe that God created man in His own image. Thereafter sin entered the first man through disobedience on man’s part resulting in spiritual death for all mankind.
- We believe that Jesus Christ had to die for the sins of mankind so that man could be reconciled back to God.
- We believe in the bodily death, burial and resurrection of Christ.
- We believe in His ascension into heaven and His future return to earth.
- We believe in the initial reception of the Holy Spirit at conversion (Romans 8:9), His internal sealing work thereafter (Ephesians 1:13), followed by continual infillings of His presence from within us (Ephesians 5:18).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the just and the unjust.
- We believe in the regular practice of the breaking of bread and the taking of wine / grape juice to remind us of the new covenant established through Christ’s death on our behalf.
- We believe in the baptism of believers by immersion in water.
- We believe in the five-fold ministry gifts of Ephesians 4:11-12.
- We believe in using these gifts in the life of the church and to affect the communities we minister in.
- We believe in the equality of all persons irrespective of their race, culture or social background.
- We believe that marriage is a creational ordinance ordained by God between a man and a woman and that any relationship of a sexual nature outside of marriage, or between people of the same sex is contrary to Scripture and therefore unacceptable to God and His Church.